I would like to try Immich and at the same time I am already using Nextcloud to sync all my photos from my phone. Is there a way to keep my photos on Nextcloud?

• randomname01@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 年前

Nextcloud uses a normal file structure per user, so you could also point any other gallery app (PhotoPrism, Photoview, LibrePhotos, Piwigo) towards the data folder Nextcloud uses. And yeah, Memories is an option as well.

• Norgur
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 年前

What are the advantages compared to Nextcloud Photos?

• Norgur
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 年前

thanks! I just switched an… well… it’s buggy :( I had a bunch of photos that read with a wrong date from the EXIF apparently. I then edited the EXIF in Memories to show the correct date and… now it just shows them as taken today. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• supersheep@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 年前

I had similar issues with memories, so that’s why I switched to Immich last week. So currently I still sync using Nextcloud to a specific directory and then use the read-only functionality of Immich. I also used Photoview for a period of time which also works quite nice, but the app gets updated less often than Immich’s app and also has less functionality. In the end I hope to completely move to Immich when syncing works both ways.