First post on Lemmy…

What albums are you looking forward to this year/in the near future?

I’m excited for the new Queens of the Stone Age and KGATLW, and the 20th anniversary release of Deftones self titled

• KNova@links.dartboard.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The new King Gizz album might be shaping up to be one of their best, based on the singles released. (If you like their heavier side, at least)

It’s out now but I haven’t heard it yet, the new Jason Isbell album.

• Slated@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Based on the singles I heard I’m hyped for the King Gizz album. It sounds like it’s going to be a more mature rats nest.

• TheSpermWhale@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There’s a really underrated band I love called Savatage who are apparently releasing their first album since 2001

• loug@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Wow nice! Definitely a blast from the past, i was listening to them and helloween when I started listening to metal.

• atp2112@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s probably a bad sign for me that I can’t really think of any albums that I’m looking forward to. Most of the ones I was hyped for have already dropped. Aside from the new KGATLW, the only thing I’m hyped for is the Stop Making Sense 4k remaster.

Then again, I’m pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to following music news. I very frequently only just learn an album is coming out only days out from release, if not on or after release

• StubbNortzz@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The new CMAT album, first couple singles off it are great, seeming like a slightly different sound for this one so interested to see how the rest are!

• zwubb@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

New Queens of the Stone Age out soon. I haven’t loved the singles but I will absolutely check it out.

• rancidity9480@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We have a new Pearl Jam album coming up at some point.

If it were a week ago, I would have said the new Extreme album. Now that it’s out, all I can say is if you like real guitar rock, give it a listen. It is SO. GOOD.

• eezeebee@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“6661” by Kuollut & SIVERNOT out June 23. It’s promoted as Futuristic Witch House with Folk vocals. Kuollut is one of my favourite producers.

• Thavron@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Well, the brothers Gallagher said that an Oasis reunion would be in the works so I don’t know if that meant a new album but that’d be great.

• neko_chibi_chibi@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m looking forward to Blakbriar’s A Dark Euphony album coming out this fall. I really love their sound and Zora’s voice.

• Higlerfay@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m very excited for Dead Club City by Nothing But Thieves - I’m a sucker for a concept album and I’ve really enjoyed their backlist.