• Buelldozer@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s not exclusively ADHD but a lot of us ADHD folks seem to be like this.

The difference I think is for ADHD it’s not “can’t be bothered to fold my own laundry” it’s “I cannot force myself to fold laundry and if I try I will lose focus on the task and be scrolling my phone within 30 seconds of starting.”

• Swedneck
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

more than that, in my experience when i simply cannot do something and try to force myself to do it, it leads to me feeling like i’m going to die.

The phone scrolling is a form of self-defence to distract from that feeling of “i’m useless and god is about to smite me for sucking so hard”

• Ser Salty@feddit.de
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

There’s just this… dread or uneasiness whenever I’m forced or forcing myself to do something. Like, cleaning is great on the rare occassion I just naturally have the energy and will to do it, but anytime else it’s like torture.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Same, at this point i have decided that it is never going to be worth the effort and it’s absolutely fine to just roll it up and toss it in the drawers, that’s muuuuuch easier for me and still makes it possible to organize things well enough.