• BombOmOm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

You appear to be in a Su-33. Your first radar missile missed as it isn’t a Fox-3, it’s a Fox-1; gotta guide that thing all the way into the target. The moment you lost lock it went dumb.

Still showcases one of my favorite things of that plane, the over-the-shoulder targeting and missiles. It’s also one of the few times that the super manuverablity (ASC button) option makes sense. Let’s you put nose on target almost instantly from any angle at the cost of completely destroying your energy. But, who needs energy while chucking Fox-2s?

• pazzeda@sopuli.xyzOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It was a PL-12 fox-3, the DDCS server has that modded into it. Kind of as a R-77-1 equivalent, and it helps make the Blufor-Opfor teams more balanced.

• BombOmOm@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Ah, that makes sense. I haven’t used a PL-12, but the R-77 is a pretty solid missile when I have used it.

Yeah, RedFor gets the short-end of the stick on Fox-3s. J-11, MiG-29, and JF-17 are the only ones that have one. Meanwhile, most RedFor planes people own are the Su-25 (duh!) and the Su-33.

• pazzeda@sopuli.xyzOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I highly recommend the DDCS server, they are some of the only ones to not put the f16 on red and to balance asymmetrically.