• Semi-Hemi-Demigod@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I forced myself to watch it just to see if it gets better in the second season and it sorta does. There’s less melodrama, but it doesn’t start feeling like Stargate until six episodes from the finale. And the finale isn’t very satisfying.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I felt that the finale was thematically satisfying. The Ancients set Destiny in motion to discover the greatest secret of the universe, but never saw it through to the answer. The Tau’ri, the Ancients’ chosen successors, picked up the torch and helped keep it moving. They repaired and resupplied Destiny. But they, too, never saw it through to the answer. Destiny continues on.

• Semi-Hemi-Demigod@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Yep. I think, in terms of being thematically accurate, the ending of SGU was better than BSG. It’s not a satisfying ending because you don’t get to find out what the mission is. (BTW, a message in the CMBR is a really interesting idea.) But it feels right for the show, more right than throwing all your ships into the sun, anyway.

Also, the idea of putting themselves to sleep might have been a way to pick the show back up if it got renewed. I just wish they’d have made season 1 an actual sci fi show and not Degrassi in space.

I love Janelle Monae but she didn’t need to be in the show.

• MajorHavoc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah. Sadly season 2 of SG: Universe is just good enough to make it sad that they cancelled it after it started to find it’s legs.