I’ve EDC’d something like this for about sixteen years. This is the RovyVon Aurora A5 (G3)-UV + White with the Nichia 219C LED. I mostly just use the UV to give the glow in the dark case a little charge as I’m dropping it on the nightstand.

It’s not my first A5 - I’ve killed one in the washing machine. I replaced that one with a Fenix E05R which is way more washing machine proof, but I just never had the same love for it as I do for the A5.

Before those, for many years it was the Fenix LD01 - mine has that wonderful beat up look you only get from using a light every day for years.

There’s also been a number of no-name 10440 lights that I seem to lose more easily than the brand name ones :-/

In the same pocket is an Olight i1R 2 on my keys - so it also has the ‘well worn’ look.

• sharpiemarker@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 个月前

What’s in your pocketses right now.

Nice try Smeagol, but you’re not going to get me that easily.

• RdVortex@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 个月前

Currently have a red Sofirn SC21 Pro attached to my keys. It’s been nice for the approx. 1½ year that I’ve had it.

• GreySarahSoup@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 个月前

Manker E02II NW (with a 4000K SST-20 that actually has a nice tint)
    + a D2 (519A 3500K domed + W1 6000K) in my handbag.

I really like small right angle lights!

• thirdBreakfast@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 个月前

D2 (519A 3500K domed + W1 6000K)

The Emisar? I’m learning so much from this thread! This looks like a great concept.

• Zak@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 个月前

Skilhunt M150 v2 with a 4500K 519A swap.

I’ve been carrying that a lot lately, especially after picking up some Vapcell F12s. The improvement in 14500 capacity means I usually don’t feel the need for a bigger battery.

• thirdBreakfast@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 个月前

Skilhunt M150 v2

Skilhunts have come up a couple of times here - I hadn’t heard of them. This one looks solid.

• Zak@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 个月前

Until fairly recently, they were known to more dedicated flashlight nerds for a budget headlamp called the H03. It was nothing special, but it was $30 when comparable headlamps were $60; the downside was ordering from China and waiting a month.

They’ve gone more premium since and added distribution in the US through Amazon and Killzone Flashlights. They strike a good balance between being acceptable to mainstream buyers by including batteries and using magnetic charging, and being acceptable to enthusiasts by offering great LEDs and decent low modes. Europeans still have to order from China, but shipping time seems to be down to about 10 days.

The M150 was one of the first lights to do a good job with both AA and 14500 batteries. Most previous flashlights compatible with both had mode spacing problems on one or the other (usually 14500) and usually lacked low-voltage protection, making unprotected cells dangerous.

• zkfcfbzr@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 个月前

I’m a big fan of it. I have two Nitecore Tip SEs (One was lost for several months so I bought a replacement, eventually found the original), a Nitecore Tip (No SE), a Nitecore Tip 2 (Not pictured - keep it in the car), an Acebeam E70, and a Sofirn IF22A.

I liked the NC Tip, which was my first one - but the Tip SE is better than it in pretty much every way. USB-C, twice as bright, and that’s it.

The NC Tip 2, on the other hand, was a giant mistake - it’s by far my least favorite of the bunch and it’s in the car mostly so I don’t have to look at it. My hate for it is mostly down to the obnoxiously long time you have to hold the button down for to turn it on.

Then the Acebeam and Sofirn are for when I need want something more powerful, for flooding and throwing respectively. I believe they were both recommendations from the arbitrary list at some point? I love both of them, only wish I could charge the E70 without removing the battery.

One thing I miss is having a zoomer. I know there aren’t really any good ones, but… it was always nice being able to flood an area then zoom in on the part you actually care about with just one light.

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 个月前

I love those little flashlights! I bought one based on a Reddit flashlight sub conversation and it was so cool that I bought one for my wife and all my friends. Everyone thinks they’re amazing! I just wish they lasted longer. Mine stopped holding a battery charge after about a year.