link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I disagree with the idea that sending weapons doesn’t help

Well, that’s why I said “doesn’t really turn the tides” instead of “not helping”. Of course the weapons are helpful, but they are not a solution. Ukraine is outnumbered 3.5 to 1, outgunned and in much deeper hole, economically. Surely an F-16 is nice, but they won’t be able to down 3.5 Russian jets each, and, even if they did, they’d still need like 800 of them. HIMARS surely is painful, but it’s not 3.5 times more efficient than BM-30. And so goes to every equipment sent.

Russia will employ what it always does: ethnic cleansing

Oh god no, what source do you even have for that claim? The only case I can think of is Crimean Tatar relocation which was quite a fucked up thing to do, but Stalin’s actions are largely condemned in modern Russia. Even *IF * the Russians were to go ethnic cleansing, it would definitely be in Chechnya and Ingushetia first, not in Ukraine. Because, even in the eyes of the most hardline Z folk, Ukraine is not a rabid dog to be put down, it’s more like a dipshit younger brother who deserves his ass getting belted.

• FluffyPotato@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

The weapons have reversed the tide though, Russia’s invasion has been ground to a halt and ever reversed quite a bit.

Putin has mentioned several times that he wants to return the glory of the soviet era. Also it absolutely is not condemned but glorified, I live next to Russia, we get their state media here.

As for the ethnic cleansings other than the Tatars and Greeks in Crimea: Koreans in the eastern regions of Russia, Chechens, Ingush, Karapapaks, Karachays, Balkars, Karelians and Meskhetian Turks. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few though, there are too many to remember. Also some of the largest mass graves in recent history were found in the regions of Ukraine where Russia was pushed out.