• spirinolas@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Am I the only one suspicious about the timing of this attack? Right on the time Netanyahu is under extreme pressure at home a major war comes out of his ass.

Can’t help but notice everybody loses with this war, except him. He’s the only one that takes advantage of this situation. Not Israel, not Hamas and sure as hell not the Palestinians.

There’s a stench here. Something is not right.

• Vlhacs@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Is this really a win for Netanyahu though? His intelligence branch really fucked up big time. Real winner is probably any far-right groups looking for an opportunity to spout even more nationalistic bullshit, causing even more violence.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

His intelligence branch really fucked up big time

I agree. Almost like it was on purpose.

Though his tough guy appearance suffered a setback all he has to do is make the enemy seem greater than he is. “I did the best I could but these Palestinians are treacherous animals, I was too lenient. No more mr. Nice guy”.

Result, he has an excuse to go all-in against Palestine and all he has to do his bomb them back into the stone age (which he has the means to). He’ll look even tougher and the cherry on top of the cake is he’ll use this “war” to silence any and all opposition.

This is too much of a god send to Netanyahu to have been on accident.

• schnaggle@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

This is too much of a god send to Netanyahu to have been on accident.

The idea that someone benefiting from a catastrophe means they must be involved in it is insane. After 9/11, sales of “Only Time” by Enya went way up. The whole country was in a panic and wanted to listen to soothing music. Since Enya benefited from 9/11, by your logic, she must’ve been involved.

you: There’s a stench here. Something is not right.

also you: This is too much of a god send to Enya to have been on accident.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

I think it’s funny how people went from “something doesn’t feel right” to “Netanyahu was the mastermind” in less than a second.

Hamas did this of their own volition, I’m not questioning. I’m questioning though, how vulnerable Israel was to this attack and how Mossad never saw this coming.

• yata@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

Your attempts at distancing yourself from your own argument by claiming that you were “just asking questions” does come off a quite disingenous.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

I’m sorry if you misinterpreted me. It would help if you read my argument without immediately making assumptions and jumping to your own conclusions.

I wrote exactly what I meant.

• schnaggle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

People question the timing of the attack and hint at larger conspiracies EVERY TIME there’s a terrorist attack. They did it on 9/11. They did it on 7/11. They will always do this and it will always be stupid.

I dislike Netanyahu, but it is simply insane to think Netanyahu coordinated an attack of this scale with his good buddies Hamas. Please seek help.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

it is simply insane to think Netanyahu coordinated an attack of this scale with his good buddies Hamas

Yes it is. And you’re the one who came up with that. I never said anything of the like.

• mightyfoolish@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Yes, they have been pressured to do this. IDF and random settlement Jews have literally been harassing Muslims praying in Jerusalem. They have been seen pushing women while praying and stepping on people at least 5 days straight.

• DoomBot5@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Also on the 50 year anniversary of another attack that happened on a Jewish holiday.

• idiomaddict@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I hate to say this, but sukkot is a tactically advantageous time to attack. It’s celebrated by sleeping under temporary booths with sparse natural cover. If you want to attack, waiting until the people you want to attack are no longer protected by a roof makes sense.

• DoomBot5@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Roofs only marginally help with the rockets. The bunkers in the buildings are where people go when the sirens go off. Shouldn’t be much harder to get to them from your back yard / porch.

• supercriticalcheese@feddit.it
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Maybe the plan was to keep on poking and hope for a reaction and then lunch a police action to show strength, and repeat. This is the playbook of Netanyahu after all no?

So it makes sense he would know how to best react to this.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Corrected

Auto correction is a thing. And so are people who don’t speak English natively, though I do know the difference between loose and lose.

• Redditiscancer789@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Uhhh did you not see they’re already talking about forming a new unity government and ousting him after stabilizing the security situation? That’s hardly a win for the president running on the phrase “I’m the only one strong enough to protect you!” Something similar happened after the yom Kippur attacks 50 years ago where the current president was basically squeezed out of the government once the situation wasn’t so dire.

• spirinolas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I hope you’re right. But I’m afraid he’ll know how to play hos cards. If he does, he’ll be untouchable and democracy in Israel is doomed. And the Palestinians too, that goes without saying.