• SuckMyWang@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Once the waiter lifts the plate off the table it’s technically garbage. If you ask them to put it back down you’ll appear to everyone that you’re basically eating directly out of a garbage bin. It doesn’t stop me I just thought you should know

• moosetwin@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

mfw the waiter picks up the plate for half a second and the customers around me start seeing me eating banana peels out of a garbage bin

• over_clox@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I mean I was gonna eat the plate itself silly.

You mean they throw the plates in the garbage? 🤔

• Fleur__@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Bro wtf lmao. If someone touches your plate you won’t pay for the food XD. You’re just an asshole at that point. How do they even get the meal to you from the kitchen?

• Fleur__@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

So you won’t even say please don’t take that, you’ll just not pay? If that’s the case why are you even going out to eat. Just eat at home.

• Fleur__@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Lol, just tell your waiter not to take your food when they seat you. There are so many steps you can take to prevent this being a problem but instead you choose to be annoying and not pay. Like c’mon dude.

• andrewta@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

He obviously meant once the plate was on the table and before he’s done eating. That doesn’t take much to figure out

• DogMuffins
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Nah, if this happens it means you’re eating way too slow.

• over_clox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

And your point is? Maybe I don’t like my food hot. Maybe I wanna talk with my hot date…

I eat at my own pace. As long as I’m not pitching a tent in the restaurant, what’s it matter?

• DogMuffins
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Any waitperson knows not to start clearing a table while people are still eating. If it’s just you and your date then anyone with even a modicum of intuition can easily tell when the two of you are done with your meals and it’s time to clear up. Take as long as you like.

The only time someone’s plate gets taken while they’re still eating is on larger tables when the whole table is giving off “we’re done here” vibes, but one hapless nimrod is still planning to eat their parsley garnish but gets distracted by the engaging conversation. The waitperson dutifully starts clearing plates and then idiot-face starts eating again. Ease off on the wine, eat first, talk later.

• andrewta@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

There’s is a very easy solution here

Ask if the person at the table is done. It isn’t that hard. Just ask. If you can’t be bothered to ask then maybe ya need to find a different job.

• DogMuffins
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

My goodness me. How witty of you.

I haven’t waited tables in 20 years.