Realized yesterday that I must be playing really slow. I sat down and spent half a Saturday managing the construction of my first rocket, the starting steps of a proper industrial brick, and pumping oil up across 2 moonlets (asteroids?). I was surprised I didn’t crack +50 cycles in that time. Went from 140ish to 180ish.

I see folks reportng 500 or even 1000 cycles in, and I’m curious how long that takes! Do you pause less and just leave the game at times, etc?

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I also play slow, but I play slow the other way. Relatively few dupes, tons of automation, an a lot of letting the game run while they get stuff done.

My current colony is over 2500 cycles old and I’m still not working toward any of the game goals. I hadn’t built my first rocket until close to cycle 400 now I’m running all but one of the planetoids with a total of 22 dupes. All but 3 bases are completely automated. Each of the bases (other than my main one) was build by 3 dupes (Otis, Bubbles, and Nikola specifically) traveling the solar system in a rocket called “the bus” that has enough life support for about 20 cycles… and that takes a while.