Personally I’m into arrow shaped space ships, so I’m going to be aiming for something along those lines on my first playthrough. Think of an Anaconda from Elite Dangerous, or a RSI Galaxy from Star Citizen, how big it is depends on how the systems and ship building work.

• OptimalAutomation@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Gonna take some inspiration from elite dangerous for my ships as well. Love their sleek design and the seem super doable in the ship creator we have seen so far.

• Barky@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

idk why, but I want a big flying saucer or cube with one large open floor plan. It seems goofy in all the ways I appreciate these games being goofy. People will have these super advanced, sleekly engineered ships, and I’ll be running around in a giant circle or borg cube.

• MirrorReaper@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Heard some people joking about making Gummi ships. So just a straight box might not be that undoable.

• LenoraKestrel@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s funny, I was just thinking about how I was gonna try to make the Highwind from KH1.

Honestly, the ships they showed during the Starfield Direct are pretty much similar in design-freedom to what gummi ships allowed, like the big robot for example.

• Pattonbrad@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m going to do my best to make a runabout from DS9 and then wait for all the Star Trek mods.

• zabby@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m surprised nobody else took inspiration from the Roci. I always thought it was awesome!

• oryx@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Probably something big, industrial. Maybe similar to Serenity from Firefly. Maybe asymmetrical. Not sure, just gonna see what I make as I get access to the system! I’m not really one for planning this game out before it releases.

• brandon@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For me, the more asymmetrical the better. I love stuff like the Millennium Falcon and the Outrider from Star Wars.

• Roggie@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think I’ve always enjoyed the idea of the “smuggler” style ship, fast, with cargo space and living quarters. Dangerous too if I can manage it. A good “all rounder.” Something like Mando’s ship would be dope

• KluEvo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I really hope there’s a way to mount engines on pylons away from the main structure, kinda like an a-10 Thunderbolt (warthog) or a y-wing

• Koopa_Khan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think it will really depend on what I get into. Probably something covered in as many weapons as possible though. Just one big flying turret.

• surrendertogravity@wayfarershaven.eu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I definitely want something as sleek and “fast” looking as I can make it - I always liked the really long nose fighters in No Man’s Sky, so something similar maybe. Cargo ships will be an opportunity to explore the other side too, with less clean lines and more of a “junky hauler” feel.