All three games are on sale on steam for the first time since January 2022 (to the best of my knowledge). If you’ve never given them a shot, now is the best time to do so as they don’t go on sale very often at all

• cod@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I know you’ve already been given some opinions but I thought I’d just share one myself too.

If you plan on playing all three anyway, just do it in order. It’s what makes the most sense I think. They’re all kind of standalone (for the most part) so it doesn’t really matter the order but I always like to play a series chronologically if I plan on playing the whole thing anyway, plus most diehard fans I know would say the first is the best one.

If you’re not sure if you’ll actually go through the whole series or not, DS3 is probably the easiest to get into. The game becomes one of the hardest FromSoft games they’ve made, but it starts pretty tame by SoulsBorne standards. It takes quite a while before it really gets “souls hard” too, though the difficulty spike is quite extreme.

At the end of the day, they’re all excellent and you’ll be treated to an incredible and unique experience unlike anything you’ve tried before, no matter what you do, and I hope that one day we’ll get to read a post or comment from you about how incredible of an experience it was for you to go through the series. Afterwards you can play through Demon’s Souls through a PS3 emulator (or on an actual PS3, or the remake on PS5, if you have either console). Elden Ring is also an incredible SoulsBorne game. And Sekiro, while completely different, is tremendous. I’m thinking of writing up a post about it tonight or tomorrow actually

• Zenith25@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I bought the first one last night. It seems to be highly recommended so thought it would be the logical place to start.

I’m looking forward to giving it a go!

• cod@lemmy.worldOPM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I wish you the best of luck! They’re tough games and can be frustrating at times but they’re all incredible experiences once they click.