• fatalError@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I got a thermostatic shower mixer from ikea and it’s awsome. Just set your preffered temp and it will make sure it stays that way. It wasn’t even that expensive. I wish more people knew about it.

• henfredemars@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Problem is that shower temperature is one of those problems that is enough to be annoying but not enough to demand being solved.

Didn’t know about thermostatic mixers. Thanks.

• BorgDrone@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Arent’t these standard everywhere? These things are super common here in Europe.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Europe is not one homogenous continent. Here in Europe where I am they are not common, and I’ve been to at least 2 other countries here in Euorpe where these mixers were not common.

• CareHare@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Okay fair point. I think I’ve seen them, not everywhere mind you, but certainly encountered them in at least twelve countries here in Europe. So they’re certainly wide spread.

• Lennard@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Trust me, there are still many households with three super old two knobs style. It’s just impossible to get a usable temperature with them.

• Lennard@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I got mine from Aldi for 40€. It works perfectly and turns easier than some of the expensive models at my friend’s house.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I found cheaper options too, but decided to go with ikea because they offer replacement ceramic cartrige which is apparently the only thing that can break on these mixers.

• Radium@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You might want to have the mixing gasket replaced in your shower. It’s responsible for mixing hot and cold water in your shower and can be the culprit of your shower being too hot or too cold. They have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced eventually

• aksdb@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Isn’t there a physical limit to solving this problem? For me the problem is typically, that the water in the hot pipe has cooled down, so the first few seconds/half a minute it slowly rises in temperature until finally the pump of the boiler sets in to pump actually hot water back into the system. Only then can I reliably find a temperature mix that stays stable.