I have played most Pokemon games, but I am deciding between Pokemon Sun/Moon/Ultra and Brilliant Diamond.

I have never played either of these games not even their original versions. What do you think?

Additionally, is Sun/Moon good or is the Ultra version better?

• Hildegarde@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

BDSP was a terrible remake that was farmed out to a random porting studio. It’s one of the lowest effort remakes I have ever experienced.

One of the biggest issues is BDSP added modern EXP share where all your pokemon gain EXP every battle.This caused a huge problem for BDSP because they didn’t re-balance the game to account for you gaining much more XP than the original developers expected. The game is completely trivial because you become unreasonably over-leveled when playing through the game normally.

Platinum also added extra content to gen 4 beyond the original Diamond and Perl. None of this content was added to the remaster. If you are wanting to play gen IV and have hardware that can run it, Platinum is the best choice.

• M500@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Thanks! One of my complaints about Pokémon is that it’s too easy. That alone will push me to platinum.