So for instance I’m interested in all communities in the aussie.zone instance, and I can’t find a way to use the search function for that. I’ve tried searching for communities using the search string “aussie.zone” and I get nothing.

Then in the screenshot shown I tried searching for communities with just the string “aussie” and I got “Aussie Environment@aussie.zone”, which is strange because all the community names there contain the substring “aussie” and I’d expect this search to find them.

Is this a bug? Am I doing it wrong? It would be nice if there was a way to browse all communities in a given instance easily, because when I find an instance I like, I want to be able to go through and find the communities I like just as if I was browsing local communities on this instance.

Also the copy-paste method, which is still extremely clunky, is broken for me. I it just has [email protection] which when clicked does nothing useful. I’ve tried the Lemmy Link addon but not only is that also a very slow and clunky method which still doesn’t let me browse by server, it keeps slowing down firefox so I’ve had to uninstall it.

• Treevan 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

And that’s probably my fault you got Aussie Environment, I renamed the community from !environment to Aussie Environment. Lemmy doesn’t search by instance.

BUT, you can use lemmyverse and set your home instance there, did you seen that in guide? I forgot to mention it. No scripts needed. Sorry!

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Oh okay, I see on lemmyverse you can filter by server using the search function when browsing communities, so that’s basically what I’m after.

And no need to apologise, this has all been super helpful :)