Why are reproducible builds only on one platform (Android)? Desktop version could have a built-in backdoor and data would be transferred not from the phone, but from the PC)

• lemillionsocks@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I mean lets be real. The signal gang comes out in full force online whenever this questions are asked but everyone is using whatsapp, facebook messenger, or telegram or something.

• fmstrat@lemmy.nowsci.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Nope. Matrix works with bridges (connections to other services). So via Element (the app for Matrix), I send/receive my messages for Signal, IRC, Discord, WhatsApp, and of course native Matrix users all from one place.

My matrix server is private, but it’s built for federated chat, much like Lemmy.

• Pantherina@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Yes I know but your messages end up on their phones with Signal or the other messengers on them. Awesome server, no idea how to do that, but in the end your messages end up on thede messengers, so it protects you from using that spyware, and gives the messengers weird data they dont know, but in the end they would need to switch to Matrix