• BigBrainBrett2517@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would consider myself an average Lemmy user. However I followed the R****t collapse closely from May onwards. ‘Cast it into the fire’ yes, but not just because third party apps all-of-a-sudden shut down.

• Redrum714@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The third party app change was definitely the straw that broke the camels back

• Prestron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There are many reasons to leave. Can I also just say the number of advertisements designed to imitate user submitted content really got under my skin. I’m not even talking about onlyfans accounts posting in various subs, but actual “promoted” advertisements that used common memes or are made to look like someone took a screenshot and reposted it. Not sure how many people noticed these. This kind of deceptive advertising angers me and I blame Reddit as much as the advertiser because they take the money and serve up this garbage.

• hemmes@vlemmy.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This right here. Pisses me off so much. I would be much happier to see an ad that’s up front and lets you know it’s an ad (different tile BG color, etc). I’d be much less inclined to even use third party apps if the ads weren’t so damned deceptive.