• Strawberry@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

and to laugh at all the people catching COVID on the bus with all the single mothers, old people and unemployed

well aren’t you a peach

• Justin@lemmy.jlh.name
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m not downvoting you btw, but it sounds like the problem here isn’t that you like cars, but rather that you’re a rural conservative who doesn’t like interacting with lower classes.

• Justin@lemmy.jlh.name
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

You might not act on it because of the reality of where you live, but the key belief of conservatism is that there are real differences between human beings, which you expressed in your description of public transportation.

That distain for urban environments is also why conservatives tend to live in rural areas, agreeing with statements like, “I want a big house with a yard”, and disagreeing with statements like “I want to live in a diverse city with lots of new restaurants”.

From a Swedish perspective, people with those beliefs would prefer socially conservative parties like the Swedish Democrats or the Social Democrats, than parties like the Left Party, Green Party, or Center Party, regardless of your views on economic policy.

There’s nothing wrong with being conservative and wanting to live a rural lifestyle, everybody is different. The point of the fuckcars movement is to allow for people to live without a car at the same living standards as people with cars. That means reducing the number of cars driving into cities and making sure that biking and walking isn’t deprioritized in favor of cars.