• doktorseven@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Also mobility issues factor in. There is no better way for such people to get around. This anti-car movement is ableist.

• Iron Lynx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

How many cars have you seen with step-free access?

And besides, surely there exist no disabilities that inhibit people’s ability to operate a vehicle like a car, right?

• Nobsi@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Still no. You can stop claiming that now, you’ve been proven different many times already in all the other threads.

• cyberpunk007@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

This person has a point though. Typically most people can’t even afford to live where I live, and most of the jobs are 50Km away. The nearest bus stop is an hour and a half walk. Biking is dangerous since there are ditches and no sidewalks on either side and people typically drive 90Km/hr.

And when you get to the bus loop, buses come every hour. Takes 3 transfers before you get to a train. Then you take a train to a bus. Then more walking.

It’s 2.5 hours each way if you bike. 3.5 hours each way if you walk to the bus stop.

If it snows, it’s a crapshoot. Sometimes the trains cease to function. Longest one way commute I’ve had on transit was 7 hours.

I think some people just need to realize not everywhere is like Amsterdam and has a wicked bike lane and transit setup.