• mokoshark69@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Mastodon seems to become yet another rage cage like twitter, first thing I saw when I opened it yesterday was people bitching about politics, that’s a BIG nope for me

• Sw00$h@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Thats a weird statement as you have a lot of options to change your feed and filter stuff out you don’t like.

• lamentforicarus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Like all social media, you have to curate it. I follow hashtags for cats, books, writing, fandoms, etc. The rage is minimum then because my homepage doesn’t have politics or news. I actually do follow a couple of news sources, but their stuff is surrounded by an ocean of fun things so it’s not nearly as bad.

• jayandp@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You must’ve joined the wrong server then, because mine isn’t like that. And you can just filter out and follow the things you want as well. There’s no algorithms to automatically feed you stuff.

• mokoshark69@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

I didn’t even sign up, I just wanted to see what it was all about, whining about politics and general madness, just like twitter, not for me, so I didn’t end up signing

• Angius@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Well, you had to open some Mastodon server in your browser. And there will be differences between them, just like what’s on the front page of lemmy.world is different from the frontpage of lemmy.ml

• ruckblack@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It is extremely political, I’ve had a hard time filtering it all out. Every account posting memes tends to feel like they have a huge political chip on their shoulder. Kinda exhausting. I’ve had trouble finding the content that I used Twitter for.