Man, I was all on board with this idea. Federated instances made so much sense to me. But it’s tankies all the way down, and it’s just not worth my time anymore. Hell, if the largest instance bans you seconds after you call out a tankie mod, where can you escape? Great idea, terrible execution. Everyone wants lemmy to grow, well, until the nazis and tankies are gone, that shit just ain’t gonna happen.

Y’all have fun.

Except the nazis/tankies.

Y’all go play in traffic.

• NOT_RICK@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Yeah I really don’t agree with that. I want to be on an instance that only defederates as a last resort. As stated in the defederation post, they only just now fully defederated as the volume of lemmygrad’s rule violating exceeded their ability to moderate.

• NuMetalAlchemist@lemmy.blahaj.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Ah, so you want a free speech instance. So if that is what lemmy.world is supposed to be, why do they ban folks that disagree with them? Why do they delete comments? What you are describing and what lemmy.world is are not matching up, my friend.

• NOT_RICK@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

They don’t purport to be a free speech instance. Bans I’ve seen are for rule breaking, but I’ll admit I have found some of their interpretations of spamming or trolling to be heavy handed. I’ve said as much in meta threads and haven’t been banned so I’ve stuck around. There’s so many instances out there now I’m sure you can find something that aligns with your personal views.

• lath@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

They want a safe and welcoming community that abhors violence. Free speech isn’t part of the offer. You have to be nice and smile whether you like it or not.