• Th4tGuyII@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I knew of the TikTok thing, but not being from the US I had no idea your news broadcasts are so… cramped with information

• Mario_Dies.wav@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

They’re not all like that. Most of the local newscasts show one thing at a time.

The format pictured is something I’ve only seen in places like a doctor’s waiting room, or at my deranged uncle’s house.

• nyoooom@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

That or on the 24/7 news channels which need a lot of filler and don’t necessarily have interesting stuff to show

• nyoooom@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

No you don’t understand it’s TikTok which is ruining our kids!!! Trump is right!!1!

• Fades@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

It’s not the same, TikTok is shit content crammed into a very small box where as the bullshit on Fox and whatever else is bullshit crammed into a much bigger box.

Yeah they’re both fucking trash but they don’t have the same impact over a long term, but go off I guess

• bstix@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

You should see the Japanese TV then. It’s not only cramped, it’s completely different programs at the same time. I don’t even know what the reaction clips are reacting to or which is the main program.

• Scooter411@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

This would only be the 24 hour “news” networks that deliver entertainment and opinion under the guise of factual information. Local newscasts don’t often do this. However there are some ownership groups out there that try to model themselves after the big cable companies.