• d3Xt3r@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It looks nice, but it really irks me that this, and most task managers in Linux (yes, even CLI ones) don’t display the network activity of a process. The Windows task manager has this and it’s really handy. In Linux, I’d have to use a separate utility for that and it really annoys me that I have to use two different utilities for what should be a basic feature, IMO.

If anyone knows of such a utlitity that works great as an all-round system monitor (like bytop) but also displays networks activity of the processes at the same time, I’m open to suggestions

• petsoiOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I agree. I’m especially happy, that so many great looking, cool, applications are being created. Well done!

• petsoiOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I have a Librem 5 with Gnome Mobile (Post Market OS) at home and I use it from time. There are still some gaps in the SW here and there, but Gnome is definitely on the right track.

And yes, well supported, decent hardware would be also not unimportant.

All in all, it’s not little effort and things would move faster if there was more investment of companies…

• Xirup@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

It is interesting to see the resurgence of so many graphic applications to visualize resources in Linux, although I prefer btop+nvtop for simplicity and resource consumption, I would have loved to have had applications like thiswhen I started in Linux.

• 1984@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It’s very basic. I guess it’s fine but I prefer htop in the terminal any day.