• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

You came out with a gender stereotype (men don’t like decorating), and the response you got was (probably) men explaining how that doesn’t hold. I gave a specific example of why I, as a man, don’t notice slight color differences, and it’s not some macho “decorating is for girls” reason, I literally don’t notice them unless I take the time to look. So it’s less about some cultural aversion and more not noticing stuff I don’t care about. I’m sure you’re the same way in other areas (e.g. my wife doesn’t notice differences in similar looking bicycles, but I do because I care about the domain).

You’re obviously entitled to your own opinions, but if you post them publicly, expect them to be challenged.

And no I don’t see irony here. If I’m going to take the time to write something out online, I’ll be throughout so I’m hopefully less likely to be misunderstood. I do it for pretty much everything, I want to see high quality content, so I try to contribute what i think is high quality.