• speendle@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s my (British) idea of hell, but you do you, hope it was lovely!

• speendle@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

OK, purely my tastes: don’t like young, bland, rubbery cheese - prefer cheddar, don’t like rye (bread looks suspiciously rye-like), prefer white bread (not sour dough though), don’t like the majority of the ham/salami there - would be much happier with gammon or beef, don’t like avocado, would be much happier with a nice chutney or pickle. Edit: hate parsley - just noticed that abomination there. Edit 2: beetroot/hummus, olives, stuffed peppers, radishes, cucumber and figs would all be very welcome though!

I live in Germany. Sigh. Still, takes all sorts and it’d be boring if we were all the same.

• Gollum@feddit.deOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Among it was Swiss cheese and general speaken strong intense tasting cheese.

I also eat cheddar especially older one, but compared with some of the present one, cheddar it is mild.

I don’t know why you think the cheese is bland? Color has nothing in common with taste.

I don’t like bland bread 😅 but only one of the two breads was a rye wheat mixture, the other one was a wheat walnut bread.

We missed the pickles I usually like them as well, but in the end we had way to much of everything.

• speendle@feddit.uk
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Yesss, I’ve tried lots of German and Swiss cheese and it’s not for me. Blandness (or perhaps better described as a lack of “umami”) was inferred from the rubbery-looking texture. And walnut in the bread would not have saved it for me!

What pickles do you usually have? Not found any in Germany so far, and make my own with a range of veg, brown sugar and apple or red wine vinegar.

Important thing is that you enjoyed it - and continue to enjoy it tomorrow - just thought I’d provide a counterpoint in case others (maybe Brits, as I’ve found precious few who like rye! :-) ) felt the same.