Title, how much longer will I have to wait until I can buy a body for an AI GF?

To me, they would just have to be a bit better than our current ‘best’ ai, capable of remembering past conversations forever, and able to draw upon past interactions it had between each other to continually evolve its personality.

The Body can either be a full on robot-with little to no human characteristics to avoid the uncanny valley or near perfect human-like to pass the uncanny valley.

• jray4559@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

How long until it is possible to get an AI GF? Depending on how real-feeling you want it to be, 10 years or so I’d suspect. But, if you want something that feels warm-blooded, that’s gonna need heating. And if it moves, to curl around you like for sleeping or something, that’s gonna be a cost, unless you wanna hear metal clanking.

It’ll be very expensive (>$3000) for the good ones, and this isn’t even mentioning the fact that should one exist, the reckoning that has put ChatGPT into limbo will come for this as well. People already complain about sex dolls, how they allow men to “act out and normalize perverted fantasies” and “make them more likely to rape women”, and that will explode should a true woman-replacable companion come out. Hell, that could easily result in them being banned entirely, but almost certainly even more expensive.

It’s not going to be the paradise you think it is, in all likelihood.

• Lukecis@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I don’t expect them to be perfect, I don’t need them to be warm feeling, Hell I don’t even need them to look perfectly human- if we don’t have the tech or the cost for a near perfect human face & body is too prohibitive, I’d be willing to go full on robot clunker if I had to, as long as the ai was advanced enough to pass for human. I’d even be willing to deal with a slight delay in responsiveness for a streamed-to-body ai if I had to.

In my opinion I’d just want something a bit more advanced than our current ‘best’ ai chat bots- something that can hold permanent long term memories & remember them and evolve their personality based on the interactions they have with me over time.

As for the public opinion on the topic, I couldn’t care less, but imo having a robo gf that’s capable of doing anything a regular one is except have kids or feel&look perfectly human would decrease any incel’s appetite for committing a life ruining crime like sexual assault on real women.