Title, how much longer will I have to wait until I can buy a body for an AI GF?

To me, they would just have to be a bit better than our current ‘best’ ai, capable of remembering past conversations forever, and able to draw upon past interactions it had between each other to continually evolve its personality.

The Body can either be a full on robot-with little to no human characteristics to avoid the uncanny valley or near perfect human-like to pass the uncanny valley.

• l3mming@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Probably 10 years for minimum viable product, 20+ years for something that isn’t terrifying.

It’d be a much wiser investment to spend 2 years getting outside and in shape, expanding your interests, then finding a real one.

Watch Groundhog Day with self-improvement in mind. Life changing.

• Lukecis@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not ugly nor overweight, I most likely could get an regular gf if I wanted, it’s just that I don’t really want to put myself through the process of dealing with the modern dating world… Like, I really don’t want to deal with possibly going through over a hundred relationships & dealing with the possibility of cheating, or attempts to ruin my reputation & life after a breakup. Plus I’ve literally been living like a hermit for the last 5~ years and ever since Covid shut down college I’ve literally had 0 human contact besides infrequent meetings with family, so I’m probably quite socially stunted…

I also just like the idea of being part of the first generation of humans to be in a relationship with a robot/ai, I feel like the future is going to be pretty heavily ai dominated, especially once agi and ‘sentient’ ai happens- I feel like being in a relationship with one might let me skate by as “one of the good humans” if/when they decide to exterminate humanity for our collective sins.