Newsflash, poverty is still rampant and Filipinos are still unable to make ends meet to feed their families. Claims the economy is making post-COVID strides because big lines and more investments but wages haven’t improved. Meanwhile politicians with misplaced priorities chose to poke the Chinese dragon.

I mean, try looking for the supposed nine-dash line on this map. Actual scene from the movie.

Why are you fucking overreacting when we the people are suffering? That’s right, you let us suffer so we would come to you and force us to suck Uncle Sam’s dick.

• RedSquid@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Not only that but the shape bears no resemblance to the 9 dash line which is a very consistent shape that hasn’t changed in decades. Someone told me that this isn’t the only map in the film and that there’s another that apparently maybe does show a more realistic map and includes the actual 9 dash line, if so… I’m honestly baffled as to why that would even be shown as opposed to all the many other maritime boundaries in the world (disputed or not). But in the end it seems like such a nothingburger to get worked up over a blood Barbie film.