The early numbers posted by mine are quite encouraging. That said this is without cellular connection as I haven’t transferred my eSIM to it yet.

• birbboidaseed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I don’t have any stat but it’s ending up at the same battery level at the end of my work day as my 3 y.o. s20fe. Same usage pattern and everything.

• nottheengineer@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

That does look quite nice, the reviews talking about 4-5 hours of SOT on the non-pro scared me a bit.

I don’t have a pixel yet, but my oneplus 8 uses 13%/hour with the screen on.

By the way, you gotta love accubattery. So much data from a simple app, I just wish it showed the averages over more than 14 days.

• Avid Amoeba@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

4-5 hours of SoT is nonsense. I saw some controlled browsing tests from Tom’s show over 8 hours. You could drain the battery in 4-5 hours. Especially if you’re using the camera or doing AI image editing. Those functions consume dramatically more power than reading Lemmy, watching videos or talking on the phone.

• Tylerdurdon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I’ve been on Pixel since 4 and battery has never been an issue for me. That said, I keep my location off unless I need it and this is the only social media I use.