• cfx_4188
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What a vucking great social network this Lemmy is.

I clicked “subscribe” to your community or whatever the vuck it’s called and for two weeks I’ve been looking at “Pending”. Is this such a vucking fediverse achievement that I don’t understand?

Now for the topic at hand. If you have to choose between Arch and Manjaro, you have to choose Arch. 100% none of you will need to thoroughly partition your hard drive, because none of you will bother moving /home to another partition on the drive. And the main difficulty will be setting up the wifi, solved by reading the man pages. Unfortunately they are without pictures, so you will have to work hard.

Manjaro has compromised itself so many times that I don’t understand people who use it.

Although no, I do understand you, my little friends. Manjaro has a graphic installer.

• Drun@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Its a known bug. Who knew reddit will fuck up? Give it some time, it’ll be much better!

• cfx_4188
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Give it some time

I heard that story somewhere. It took Reddit fifteen years to become comfortable using it. Are you ready to wait?

• Drun@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Repositories is literally on fire now! Huge updates every day.

I believe Lemmy (or any of its frontend) will become much more pleasurable to use than reddit, and its matter not of years, but a months.

• eldain@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m an impulsive updater. I see an update, I update. Arch was able to change my plans for the day on many occasions into shiiiit I need this to work again so I can do actual work. So I compromised and installed Manjaro for edge but with less bleeding. YEAH😎

• cfx_4188
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You’d be surprised. If you update on impulse, there is a great risk that pacman will break your system. There are clever people who don’t update Arch for half a year and then start upgrading it overnight. This is even worse, because the risk of your system dying from an accident increases many times over. Good thing I don’t use Arch btw for work. Although no, Arch+dwm is on my old netbook, but I can’t find it for a long time.

• Wizza@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Damn, subscribing might’ve not worked but 52 people made sure that the downvote button did