• Sans_outside@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I really enjoyed the game I just wish it had more places to level up than the default training area. Also would have been nice to have some side quests to help you level up and learn more about the areas.

• chris2112@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I got about 20 hours into it recently but haven’t played in the past couple weeks, I think the whole having to grind on the same training camp stuff repeatedly because I couldn’t get past a particular battle kinda spoiled the fun I was having otherwise. The story and combat are great otherwise

• Grangle1@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It pretty much being Fire Emblem meets Octopath, this game was right up my alley. I did one play through and jumped to other games that were out at the same time, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. But between finishing what I’m playing now, actually playing TotK, and then with the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC likely releasing just after that, I don’t know when I would have the time to go back and do a NG+ to play the extra content and go for the “golden route”. I didn’t try for it the first time since IMO part of the fun of the game especially on a first play through is seeing where your own choices based on your own assessment of the situation take you (if anyone’s curious I ended up with the Liberty/Benedict ending).

• janAkali@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ooh, I should probably finish it. Really enjoyed gameplay, but got caught up in playing new shiny releases.

• bravemonkey@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Really cool to see an update like so late, but I got so close to the end and just stopped playing (a bad habit with many games I play). I feel like I’d need to start over now.

• ViperDC@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The game has multiple paths, multiple endings and a pretty robust new game+ mode (not only does everything carry over, but difficulty continues to scale up). Multiple playthroughs are required to experience everything.

Depending on how far in you are it might be worthwhile to finish your old playthrough (even if it requires a guide or something to get yourself back on track) and reach new game+ instead of restarting.

• slimerancher@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I am a patient gamer (with some exceptions). Shiny new games are always going to be there, so I prefer to go through games at my own pace, and then get a new game when I finish a old one, or drop it for some reasons.

Sometimes you do want to start a new game though, without finishing an old one. Depends on the mood, and the game you are playing.

• thegameoverguy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I loved triangle strategy and cannot recommend it enough! Seriously incredible story with great characters on top of a tight and easy to understand, hard to master combat system. Please give it a second look if you are unsure!

• FlashMobOfOne@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve got it on my wish list.

Who here has actually played the game? Is it as good as the hype would suggest?

• slimerancher@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Some people here have played it, you can check the other comments.

From what I have seen, the overall sentiment is that game is really fun, but can become repetitive.

• sla@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

the tactics itself is really fun, but the voice acting, story, and characters are unbearably bad. it doesn’t come close to final fantasy tactics or tactics ogre in terms of being interesting.

• memphis@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh that’s nice. I finished one story path but never got around to doing the others. I find that I always prefer Tactics Ogre now that it’s on the Switch too.

• Hotwarioinyourarea Ⓥ@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve bought this but not actually started it. I got burned out on FE Engage quite quickly so I didn’t get round to it. Maybe after Tears Of The Kingdom I’ll give it a go.