• Nighed@sffa.community
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m doing #[InjectFeeling(‘good’|‘bad’)] thanks. Looking forward to #[injectActivity(#Random)] later.

…eh, had to get up early to help with a deployment. Have a meeting with HR to try to get out of the 4 days in office stupidity they are pushing…Meeting up with friends after work though, so not all bad

• Blaze
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Seems like the command messed up indeed. It’s curious, because it worked on another community. I’ll investigate

• redballooon@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Badly. Last week social media really dragged me down, including and especially Lemmy. Apparently social media is a way to foster extremism, and in selecting the platform you have some choice of what extremism you see. But it seems to be impossible to get away from extremism.

I’ll think I will fade it out and try to get into enjoyable things that I can do in my downtime.

• jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Right now Lemmy is so small, we hear all the voices, as it grows and matures people have their own curated gardens with different groups.

Don’t let it get you down! I hope you’re enjoyable things are fun, and things you could share with us.

• redballooon@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

That’s part of lemmys problem… there isn’t much else.

On Reddit I was following some fringe communities that still had between 3000 and 30000 users. The equivalent communities on Lemmy have 10s, if they exist at all.

• xylogx@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m a little bit in shock. My daughter’s school play is called The Trials. It’s about a dystopian future where, due to the global climate crisis they are forced to euthanize a portion of the population. Basically the younger generation put the older generation on trial and execute you, if you found guilty. My daughter basically told me I would likely be found guilty and executed. And I am a vegan who rides my bike to work. Its a bit sobering to think about.

• Linus_Torvalds@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Are you shocked about the play or her response? Tbh I think it is a great opportunity to discuss Climate Change, demographic change, human rights,… at school.

• xylogx@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

We did have some really interesting conversations now that you mention it. The thing that shocked me was the dawning fact that my whole generation will one day be held accountable for the mess we have made and we have no good excuses.

• konalt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

When you said “school play” I thought of one that 7 year olds would be in and I thought it was a bit morbid

• frozenmolar@feddit.ukB
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Life goes on. Going to office soon. My colleague is going to have a meeting with HR, hope everything is fine.

• jet@hackertalks.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Feeling good. Back into my swimming rhythm. When my friends just went on a month-long trip to Germany. Said goodbye to them last night. Looking forward to trying out cyberpunk 2077.

Did a fresh install the windows on my game computer, set it back to Windows 10. Everything’s much smoother now.