• Awwab@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A better response might be “Sorry I only work with Linux” since saying get Linux is just going to lead to more questions.

• assembly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Exactly this! I moved fully to Linux in 2003 to avoid these questions. So whenever anyone asked a question I would always start with, “is it a Linux machine?”. Since I was the only person on Linux the answer was always no and thus was “outside my area of expertise”. 20 years later and no one asks me shit anymore but this approaches worked back then.

• TimeSquirrel@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“But installing software is too hard in Linux”

Linux literally has package managers and user was searching for and downloading individual executables off the Internet before…

• density@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

brew package manager was something that really helped me to get back into a linux frame of mind when I’d been on a mac for a bunch of years. reluctantly installed it for some reason and it started taking over my system because so easy. gradually I started preferentially looking for stuff available on brew because of being able to upgrade all at once. and while brew is not entirely FLOSS packages, it is heavily so. eventually I was using so much FLOSS tools, and fighting all the time with Apple’s dumb proprietary decisions, I thought, I may as well go all the way with this. Very happy with decision. :)

• Scridgeon@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have this great piece of software called Lindows that will fix your Windows problem. I guarantee it!