• bioemerl@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

State literally calls itself communist. (Operates more like a fascist state than a communist one)

Conducts ever more of its industry through the state and strictly controls the banks and loans.

Exercises huge subsidies across the entire economy which is visible through their massive and growing imbalance between their internal consumption and export.

“You only say it’s not capitalist because they aren’t white”

No I say they aren’t capitalist because they aren’t capitalist.

• Peaty@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

China is closer to neo-mercantilism due to the level if direct state involvement in private business.

• ChrisLicht@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

As a nationalist economic policy, neo-mercantilism integrates well with the fascist economic model, particularly in this age when the masses are so accustomed to foreign goods that they might find the explicit notion of autarky alienating.

• Peaty@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Yes but ideologically China is not aligned with fascism at all. They are on paper still pretending to be Marxists. Fascism is opposed to Marxism.

• bioemerl@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

And what do you call an authoritarian ethnic state that has co opted capital to ensure and spread state control over public and private life?

• febra@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

And why should I, a European consumer, care if China has a communist economy or not?

Same shit to me. You live your entire life under capitalism being lied to about how “competition drives innovation” and suddenly when competition knocks on your door, you lock yourself in.

• bioemerl@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Because China achieves it’s goals though large scale industrial subsidy and directly suppresses global wages as a result result, impacting your paycheck.

• febra@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

I’m sorry, but why aren’t we doing anything about all the subsidies and forgiveable loans (including the ones these companies are using as tax deductible to pay 0 euros taxes while banking billions) my government is handing out to banks, property management companies, car manufacturers, petroleum product producers then?