• Slwh47696@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I don’t understand this. I’m 32, I’ve been working labour intensive construction jobs since I was 18, and before that I played football, rugby and hockey pretty much year round. I’ve been pretty tough on my body pretty much my whole life.

99% of days I wake up feeling completely fine. Some times I’ll have a sore back or neck or something, generally from lifting heavy shit or just overworking. Then a few days of recovery, I feel fine. All these memes I see of 30 year olds acting like they are 75 are just so stupid.

• Inktvip@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I actually started going to the gym a few weeks ago not having done proper physical exercise in the last 13 years. A large portion of the random pains and cartilage grinding are just straight up gone already.

• Donkter@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Try spending 30 years being obese without ever working out. That’ll get your body hurting real quick.

• cRazi_man@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

30’s is still quite young. OP needs to get himself checked out and get himself in shape.

• Ataraxia@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

That’s because you’re active. Being a couch potato is one of the most damaging things you can do to your body. An object at rest stays at rest… forever.