I had around 150 by the time I completed the game.

Bonus question: what percentage completion do you have?

I’m sitting on 50.5% right now.

• didnt_readit@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Probably unpopular opinion but I burned out on BOTW before I even beat 2 divine beasts, and felt like I beat all the shrines I could get to without getting one shot by enemies in the area so kind of felt totally stuck… I haven’t even picked up TOTK yet as I figured it would be more of the same.

And they kept that annoying weapon breaking mechanic which I always hated… been getting around to playing BOTW again with mods before moving on to TOTK, but also heard about the pretty awful performance on Switch so will probably buy it but just play on emulator to get a decent frame rate or wait for a Switch 2 and pray for backward compatibility support like PS5 has for PS4 games to get better performance.

• postscarce@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

TOTK performance on switch is not bad at all. I don’t know where what perception came from. I haven’t experienced any low frame rate issues after 100 hours.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s great to hear. I had heard complaints about dips down to like 15fps and just generally being a 30fps game at very low render resolution that still had trouble with stable frame times. But I haven’t actually played it so it could just be the usually internet complaining. Now that I think of it I heard performance complaints about BOTW too but never noticed any while playing myself.

• Blakerboy777@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

@didnt_readit

@R00bot @postscarce

I have for sure ran into performance issues during really demanding sections. I think the honest take is, as a switch game, the resolution and framerate are lower than if this was on Xbox Series X. At the same time, I think it’s high enough that the game still looks great and quite stable. We aren’t talking Pokémon Scarlet type constant frame drops for no reason. Performance issues were very rarely a concern - I think the game is well designed and it truly is something where a significant frame drop won’t happen for multiple play sessions.

• 9284562@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

BOTW on CEMU with mods is a really fun experience. I’ve been playing it on my Steam Deck, and it’s fantastic.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Sweet, I have a steam deck, so I might do that. I also have an unpatched Switch I could use to play native with mods, and a mod chip sitting at home waiting to be installed in my OLED model to potentially do the same. Either way I think I’m gonna give it a shot with mods and see if I like it more, then move on to TOTK if so.