Update: requested !movies@lemm.ee :

Hello everyone,

For people interested in movies, you may have noticed that !moviesandtv@lemmy.film is now gone, unfortunately.

The community was quite active, especially with the movies discussion threads, it would be nice to create a new one elsewhere.

As Lemmyworld and lemmy.ml already have most of the active communities, I thought it would be interesting to have this one (maybe two, one for movies, one for TV) on lemm.ee ? In a similar way that !games@sh.itjust.works is a popular community on sh.itjust.works (thanks @nanoUFO@sh.itjust.works for posting there)

What do you think?

Tagging the active contributors to the previous community @realcaseyrollins@narwhal.city @ClarkZuckerberg@lemmy.world @simple@lemm.ee @ZeroCool@feddit.ch

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s good to see you around, you guys are doing a great job over there! I guess we’ll probably go with lemm.ee just to have more users able to access the community from their local feed, but thanks for offering!

Is anything good on your side, funding-wise?

• Tiff@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

No worries! I hope the community comes back around!

Yeah funding is good. Completely community funded :) Ours is on open collective if you want to see it 😉 (we are completely transparent)

• Deebster@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

reddthat is a great instance, and I’m glad to see that it’s not just a single-admin setup. If you vanished (I hope not!), does the team have the access, knowledge, finance and motivation to continue?