link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

My coworker refuses to “waste” any days he has unless they’re for a vacation… This selfish p.o.s has gotten me sick 3 times in the last year alone, one of the times I missed Christmas with my family because of him… So I have to waste my time so that he can have more paid vacations…

• ForgottenWorkshop@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

You should recontextualize that for them: “when you come in sick, you are reaching in to my wallet and taking the money I should be owed, and may need, for stuff like ‘oops my entire gallbladder needs to be taken out or else I’ll die’. All because you want to be teacher’s pet: you should be handing money out like its candy (through cashapp or venmo or whatever) when you come in sick, because that’s only fair, and paying the company money from all the productivity lost by making everyone else sick. If you don’t have that money to hand out, maybe you shouldn’t be coming in sick.”

Or, y’know, if they’re so gung-ho about everyone having shared misery: maybe it’s time to advocate for a union.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

That would work on someone who gave a shit. This guy cares only about #1. He laughs about the times he was thrown in prison in Guatemala for telling his superiors to fuck off when they asked him to do his job when he was in their military lol

• ForgottenWorkshop@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Sounds like it’s time to form a union with everybody else to force him to stop endangering everybody else’s wallet then lol