Just starting another discussion (sorry tom!), about the gender community we have. gender@feddit.uk

The sub sidebar states that it is designed for balanced debate. It links to a gender-critical and anti-lgbt locations, while also linking to blahaj, and referring to beehaw as a hugbox.

@babe made a post the other day raising concerns with the posts arriving on the sub, and the mods locked it.

There are cross-posts from a community named parental-rights, a common dogwhistle for people wanting to block minor access to trans healthcare, and users posting about how trans healthcare is a conspiracy by the medical industry.

Someone affected directly by the issues being raised isn’t going to want to stick around and argue with someone who thinks they shouldn’t exist.
They’re more likely to write off the whole server, and leave.

It’s still early days on this instance, but imho this is not a good look for us.

• juniper@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Thank you for making this post. I saw it happen and found it very concerning. I didn’t feel capable to address it myself so I am very glad someone else has raised the issue. I would like to hope that the vast majority (should be everyone but evidently not with what’s happened) of our instance will be in agreeance that transphobia is absolutely not something we want to be associated with here. @tom@feddit.uk Please deal with this.