@fediverse posting this from mastodon. It’s amazing if this works!

Edit: it worked! Showed up in my Lemmy feed.

• Arotrios@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Saying hey from over here on kbin.social, which picked this up as a Microblog (their feature for viewing Mastodon posts). If you’re looking to be active on both Lemmy and Mastodon, Kbin is the best platform I’ve found thus far for navigating the Fediverse.

• brainfreeze@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Hey! I’ve been trying to get the hang of the fedi stuff. Is there a good source for how to combine Lemmy and Mastodon at kbin?

• Arotrios@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Kbin combines Lemmy and Mastodon right out of the box - no setup needed.

Kbin is new and undergoing development, so the documentation is lacking, but it’s pretty easy to use. It combines posts from the Fediverse (including lemmy) under its Threads section, and posts from Mastodon and other similar federated services in its Microblog section.

It also allows you to post in both formats, which is pretty fun. It also has search capacity for tags across instances (kbin.social/tag/cat) and domains (kbin.social/d/lemmy.world), the latter of which allows you to subscribe to or block those domains as you chose. I’ve posted more detail on a couple of threads here and here.