I actually really miss, reading my subscribed subreddits. And it is definitely not about the platform. I think Lemmy is absolutely capable of doing exactly what reddid was doing for me. The problem is, that my communities are just not here. Web3 is about the people that make it.

I am all in for FOSS and federalization. Lemmy is perfect for that, but it feels empty to me. I will keep lurking and see, if some communities move away from reddit.

EDIT: I wasn’t aware that i shouldn’t have posted here. Take it as my debut post, which is also my first fuck up ;D

• inDaneOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

i wasnt aware. whops. I would have thought, that posting from normal users would be prohibited in that case.

• INeedMana@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Then how would we ask questions about the instance? :) Especially when someone has problems logging in.
      Don’t worry, you’re not the first and definitely not the last ;)

As to your original question, my subscription list was also a little bit thin a few days ago. I spent some time looking for communities, sometimes subscribed to “gaming” instead of “elite dangerous” and I don’t feel there is lack of content anymore. Also, since many communities are new, created by new users, for now we have to accept subscribing to 5 thematically the same communities on different instances. I think there will be a grassroots consolidation move soon.