• Kaktus@lemmy.loomy.li
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

The fact check references to Bild-Zeitung which is famous for lying and fake news and hates climate activists. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bild photoshoped the sticker away. But it doesn’t look stretched the right way.

• Smoogs@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Jokes should have timing and awareness and not detract from a situation for self congratulatory hahas. The flood was a disaster and many died. Ignoring all that to falsify information just to make a joke for internet updoots is just being a bad actor in a tragic situation and done in poor taste. It’s apathetic at the very least.

• DreamButt@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

oh hey look. I’m on the internet so I get be all grandstanding and impose a moral high ground on the conversation. Lmfao. Y’all take this site waay to fucking serious

• DreamButt@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

Not really mate. Getting “updoots” as you put it is pretty easy with Lemmy neckbeards.

1. Be progressive
              2. Be nerdy
              3. Be white (4. Act like an American man)

Oh, and whatever you do don’t disagree with the community narrative

• Masimatutu@lemm.eeOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

Side note: On Lemmy World perhaps yes, but other instances have very different upvoting climates, particularly regarding points three and four.

• DreamButt@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  8 months ago

Oh for sure. Just saying it’s really not that difficult to integrate into the culture is all. I just don’t care to always talk in a manner that the group agrees with (whatever group that may be). Upvotes are easy enough to come by if you care for them