Welcome to the Melbourne Community Daily Discussion Thread.

• melbaboutown@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Popped over to the other place via a search and there seems to be a lot of different people in the DT. There are a few regulars I wish had come over here and some have disappeared. That sucks.

It’s a lot quieter here which can be frustrating but at the same time it feels a bit less toxic.

All in all it’s a nice spot.

• Electronic_Owl@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I usually have both places open in different tabs and flick between the two throughout the day because, as you say, it’s a lot quieter here than the old DT used to be. It’s quieter there too now as well. I miss some of the old regs.

• 00Steve@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The Reddit DT is pretty quiet these days too. Todays DT thread here has about 20 more posts than the reddit one currently

• Duenan@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I very occasionally look at the other DT but not much anymore and I finally unsubbed from the Melbourne reddit but I still use it for other communities that didn’t migrate.

Maybe just a slow day here again.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

yeah it’s not good if you want to waste a day just random thread browsing, but a very good chill discussion vibe (not just this comm, also in several others I’m on like the ST one)