Just remembering that Pure is the same guy that was booted from Virtus.pro for draw a large Z, signaling support to the Russian invasion, in the minimap during the Stockholm major.

• Laxaria@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Also Pure is disqualified wholly from the tournament, so Resolution will be standing in.

At this point it seems Reso is “talent” purely to fill in for players as a stand in and being on panels is just a side gig haha

• 你说得对但是原神@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Never thought you could cheat in a way so hilarious. It’s not like they can’t win against tundra without this moronic act, but I guess this is the price you have to pay for your stupidity and dishonesty.

• ObamaBinLaden@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

At this rate, Reso will end up with highest number of TI appearances without having played for a bulk of the year.

Also Pure… LoL. Lmao even.

• Azzu@lemm.ee
        cake
        M
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I sent you a message like a week ago asking if you’re still active on Lemmy because I didn’t see you post here ever, and did not receive a response. Quite obviously you are still active.

I messaged the other mod on !dota2@lemmy.world as well and also did not receive a response.

I’ve been stickying discussion threads and schedules of tournaments over at !dota2@lemm.ee and was looking to see if that was possible in the existing dota2 communities. Since I didn’I receive a response by any existing community mod and didn’t want to start posting in an unmoderated community, I created !dota2@lemm.ee and have been posting there since.

I would very much like to only use one community if it’s small anyway. Would you be interested in me making threads like this or this one over here as well and stickying them so people can get that kind of info immediately? Then I’d probably close down the other community and do everything here.

• vort3@lemmy.mlM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

As for your message, I didn’t receive any. Please check if it’s in your sent messages, maybe some error happened and it wasn’t actually send?

As for choosing one community, I wish this one will be the place for all dota 2 players, not because I’m the creator of it, but because it was the first dota 2 community in Lemmy and most people already shared the link to here at reddit.

As for sticky posts with discussions and schedule, I made you a mod (barely found the button in UI btw) and you are free to make anything you want, if you believe it will make this community a better place.

Thanks!

• Bearswithjetpacks@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Personally, I think the response by many spectators have has been unnecessarily toxic and double-standard at best, and inflammatory, discriminatory and intentionally career-ending at worst.

No doubt what he did was astoundingly silly, but until it has been proven that he was intentionally using another stream to cheat during that g2, branding him a cheater is just not right.

What makes this worse is that people are conflating his previous action with his Z drawing with this, as if this makes him more guilty of cheating, or that it’s alright for everyone to rag on him now, even if this time around it may just be an honest mistake.

We know that there are consequences in leaping to conclusions without verified information, from the situation with Taiga to the mess with the T2 NA DPC. I think the state of professional dota only stands to lose if the spectators don’t stop this mindset of vigilante justice and crucifying dota figures before they even get a chance to prove themselves innocent.

I wonder if the response to this by the dota audience (and maybe even the players on Azure Ray) would be any different if this incident had happened to anyone other than Pure.

• Not_a_bot@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Totally agree, his previous support for the Russian invasion doesn’t make him more guilty of cheating.

However just for that he totally deserves to get all the hate he’s getting. I don’t understand how this player is still allowed to compete. Should have gotten a lifetime ban from all event organizers imo.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Another very personal and maybe uninformed opinion is that I think he was a very stupid and immature kid when the previous incident happened and barely any different now, but with both cases I feel like there’s no malice involved - Hanlon’s razor.

Pinning responsibility on Valve seems like the easiest thing to do, but I think they should be the ones deciding if he should be allowed to play in pro tournaments - organizers differ in their rules books and stances but the common denominator is that they’re playing Valve’s game.

There’s a lack of consistency in the principles behind many of the things said and actions made by TOs, teams, players and spectators, and I may be asking too much here - iTs JuSt A gAmE - but it’d do so much good for the image and reputation of everyone involved if a decent amount of effort were put into running things professionally and consistently.

• theo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I think that the decision to not give a lifetime ban was correct because it would set a double standard. What about mind_control who explicitly said that Hitler should have killed the Russian population? I realise this example was not in an official match but in my opinion is 10x worse. Also, Pure’s incident I believe can be placed into the category of ‘edgy meme’ (and one being assumedly a whole lot more normalised from the country he is from and media he consumes). Anyway the bottom line is that I think a lifetime ban should not be received for stupidity.

• theo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The cheating judgement came straight from the tournement organisers just parroted by spectators. I feel this is a correct decision, but the fact he was even allowed to do it in the first place should be a mitigating factor. When doing exams on conputers you get blocked from accessing what you shouldn’t so why the TO didn’t do something similar is questionable.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Agreed on your second point - how did these things happen in an international tournament involving large amounts of prize money in the first place? And was this something that other TOs had successfully prevented, that the current one dropped the ball on? Or was this always a security and integrity lapse that existed and that we’ve only just spotted, which would imply the possibility of this happening in previous tournaments or even the DPC without being detected? They can’t ALL be THAT incompetent, right…?

About the penalty that BB received, I’d be fine with it if it didn’t seem like it was pulled out from thin air, but it does so it irks me a little. Again, just a lack of prep that makes the officials look incompetent, and really doesn’t inspire confidence in the state of future tournaments.