Hey fellow Tsuki’s Odyssey players!

I’ve been sciencing the sh*t out of farming and wanted to share everything I have found out with you, just in case you want to optimise your farm as well!

Above you can see the most efficient Layout I’ve found as well as a drawing to help you build it

I’ll give you the TL;DR first:

Always use UV-lamps and sprinklers if possible, fertiliser is profitable if you harvest 4 or more times a day. Place strawberries, grapes and carrots, these are among the more efficient non-consumables. Pumpkins give the most carrots/hour in the game, followed by melons, so always buy seeds at rosemary’s shop and place them.

Layouts:

The Layout you see above is the most efficient I’ve found. It uses 7 fertiliser per day, making it the cheapest to sustain long term. I know it looks like it wastes a lot of sprinklers, but since they only cost you once, minimising the amount of fertiliser used was my main goal. A reddit user made a post with a great layout too! It only uses one fertiliser more, but uses far less UVs, and sprinklers, so it’s a great step while you don’t have the full set of items.

Equipment:

• UV-Lights: for non-consumables, UVs increase the yield by 25%, for consumables it reduces the growing time by 20%.
  • Sprinklers: reduce growth time by 20%
  • Fertiliser: for non-consumables, it increases the yield by 50%, for consumables it reduces growth time by 1/3. If you have 8 plots in the surrounding spaces, you are profiting from fertiliser after 4 harvests. Do not combine fertiliser at dawns machine, since it reduces the fertilized-per-cost efficiency of the item.

(For UVs and Fertilizer: The effect it has is in theory identical on consumables and non-consumables, the percentage is only different since for one yield is affected, and growth time for the other one) (For consumables, the effects stack “normally”, meaning that if you use fertiliser and UVs, the growth time is standard_time * 0.8 * 2/3. for non-consumables, this isn’t the case. Instead, effects stack like this: 25% more yield from UV and 50% more yield from fertiliser means the yield is standard_yield * 1.75. This is worse than (what it should be) standard_yield * 1.25 * 1.5, so using consumables get less of a boost if they are effected by both UVs and fertiliser)

Seeds:

• Carrots: give up to 22.1 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used)
  • Onions: give up to 16.1 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used, 6 plants in the surrounding spots)
  • Melons: give up to 58.8 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used)
  • Pumpkins: give up to 82.3 carrots/hour (fertilised, sprinkler and UV used, harvested on time)
  • Strawberries: give up to 11.3 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used), but the time reduction they provide is so powerful that it is worth planting them. they reduce all surrounding crops base growing time by 30 minutes
  • Grapes: give up to 25.3 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used)
  • Gloamroot: give up to 44.2 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used, moon phase optimal) but are only really worth it, if you are awake when it’s night. The moon phase is in sync with the real moon, meaning that Gloamroots give 5 per harvest on a new moon, while giving 5 + 3 per harvest on a full moon.
  • Potatoes: give up to 22.5 carrots/hour (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used)
  • Turnips: give up to 33.5 carrots/hour, but due to the it being random, the actual average is identical to carrots (fertiliser, sprinkler and UV used)

What next?

I’m working on compiling all this in a nice-to-look-at format in the future. I’ll double check all my findings and give even more data, but I’ll let you know eventually, when I’m done. Hope this helps some of you optimise your farm, or at least help you make informed decisions when planting. Happy Farming!

Disclaimer: I’ve posted this on reddit, but wanted to get it to Lemmy too, as I’ve moved here now!

• Wolfie 🐺🌙@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The uv lamps shows up for me all the time so no problem here, but I haven’t seen any sprinklers yet. The Pipi painting… I just accepted the fact that I will never get it.