Previously on Lemmy: Emulators

Past Discussions:

For the last couple of weeks, it was all fun and games. This week, we are going for a more generalized topic on how you use your Android devices for work.

I’m boring in regards to work apps, so I very much favor using Microsoft apps over Google apps for work, as overall I feel Google apps work better on iPhones than on Android (to my great frustration). Office and Teams work exactly how I expect them to, while their desktop version are a bit bloated, on Android they work super well, and there really is no replacement that’s as good as Microsoft Lens for scanning printed documents into PDFs.

But, I understand my use for Android for productivity is fairly limited, so, I’m interested to see if we can put our head together and find some interesting ways to use your Android devices to help us all be more productive.

• Mr3Sepz@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Spark
    The one Email App that made me from not seeing trough my emails at all, to managing all of them easily. I can only recommend it. Is also available for almost all other platforms, except Linux :(

HiPer Calc
    Really good calculator, that can also do a lot of scientific stuff (Matrices, plot Graphs, solve for values, etc. Everything I needed in maths at university). I study and teach maths and it is really great for both.

Calender
    I have all my events and schedules in the standard Samsung Calender App. Sadly they are spread on various accounts and some only saved locally.
    If I could save them all in one place would be great, since if I look up my Calender in for example my computer, I cant be sure if everything is in there.
    I have a huge calendar widget with a monthly and listed view on a side of my home screen, which is very useful.

Quillpad
    My current go to Markdown Editor for Android. I would like to switch to Obsidian to have everything in one place, but not the case yet.

Firefox
    Use the install or whatever called feature to have websites as app like Icons on your homescreen. Very useful. 👍

Feem
    Transfer Files between devices quickly. I would be glad for open source Alternatives, but I am mostly settled on Feem now.

PDF’s
    I have a few Apps for opening and viewing PDF Files, which is really useful. That way I can open different Documents in each and switch between them very quickly.

I also use the Zoom and Moodle App, since I am a Student and they are ok.

• Nemo Wuming@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Your Samsung calendar app seems to defeat the purpose of an online calendar. I use the Google calendar and everything is syncing across all devices.

• Mr3Sepz@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I like the Samsung Calendar (especially the widget) more. The main problem is that I dont know how to move all my calendar events to for example Google.