• TimewornTraveler@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

cis women aren’t as hurt by misgendering. not transphobic, just aware. not anti-feminist, they’re advocating for gender neutral language.

holster your shit lol

• Rodeo@lemmy.ca
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

cis women aren’t as hurt by misgendering

Nice generalization.

• lowleveldata@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

That’s implying trans women are less stable and easier to hurt because they are trans. That’s transphobic. Assuming cis women don’t get hurt by misgendering is sexist at best.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Homie I work in mental health and recognizing a trigger is not a force of systemic oppression, it’s a courtesy. Pretending everything is hunky dory and no one has differing needs or experiences is the “i dont see color” equivalent of gender. why would cis women even have that trigger??

• braxy29@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

try talking to some ciswomen and find out if misgendering hurts. spoiler - it does.

edit - fwiw, i keep hearing that lemmy is friendlier than reddit. this doesn’t align with my experience so far, it’s the same hateful shit as always.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I’m not saying it doesnt, even in my original post I said they aren’t “AS” hurt. Why not try giving a “sir” to 100 trans women and 100 cis women and see how the reactions differ? The way I understand it, you’re saying there wont be any difference in reaction. That’s naive. It’s a trigger! Just like how I can get uncomfortable when someone talks about s.assault but it isn’t a trigger for me. If I’m in a group session with people recovering from trauma, I’m going to be very careful talking about SA but if I’m with colleagues I might speak more directly.

• grue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

You think you’re so damn clever for appropriating the inclusive folks’ argument and trying to throw it back at them, but you really aren’t. We can all see you for the dishonest concern troll that you are.

• grue@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I just find it unsettling that those comments only seems to care about the trans.

Yeah, no shit: that’s because cis people are cared about by default. Nobody needs you white-knighting for the already-advantaged.

But we both know you already knew that. I’m continuing to not buy your dishonest concern-trolling.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I’m not endorsing what PsychedSy is saying (esp in the replies), but I am calling you out for saying that being aware of differing needs of trans people is transphobic.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

That’s fair. There is something uncomfortable about saying that trans women are on average more unstable. But I think that’s more about the word choice “unstable” where I would frame it more neutrally like “different needs”. I guess “unstable” sounds like it’s their fault/failing.