• Toni Aittoniemi@mastodon.green
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

@Candelestine @psychothumbs Oh yes, the details. The Israel-Palestine conflict’s bloodiness must owe in part to it also being one of the stages where the cold war served to make heavy weaponry readily available, with both sides being heavily armed by either side of the larger conflict.

I hope the days of the cold war never return. Painting a picture of Ukraine as cold war puppet state is as wrong as painting Palestine as puppet of USSR.

• Toni Aittoniemi@mastodon.green
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

@psychothumbs Sure, if you don’t consider rocket launchers weapons of mass destruction. Let’s call them self-propelled artillery. I edited the original post so what I mean doesn’t get misrepsented. Thanks for the note!

• psychothumbs@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Right rocket launchers are definitely not weapons of mass destruction. WMDs are generally restricted to the categories of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, with even chemical being a bit of an edge case in terms of whether it really counts as “mass destruction.”

Also I don’t think the Soviets were ever giving the Palestinian resistance rocket launchers either, though not as sure about that as about the WMDs.

• psychothumbs@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I don’t think Israel should disenfranchise the Palestinians in the occupied territories and deny Palestinians abroad the right to return in order to maintain a Jewish majority if that’s what you mean. Is that a problem for you? I see this is your first post but your bio says “people who don’t look like me don’t deserve rights” so I’d guess we do have some issues.