I was using Bing to create a list of countries to visit. Since I have been to the majority of the African nation on that list, I asked it to remove the african countries…

It simply replied that it can’t do that due to how unethical it is to descriminate against people and yada yada yada. I explained my resoning, it apologized, and came back with the same exact list.

I asked it to check the list as it didn’t remove the african countries, and the bot simply decided to end the conversation. No matter how many times I tried it would always experience a hiccup because of some ethical process in the bg messing up its answers.

It’s really frustrating, I dunno if you guys feel the same. I really feel the bots became waaaay too tip-toey

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Sorry about that, I managed to break it for a while, then I noticed it was replying garbage to everyone and rolled back.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

No worries, was interacting more for fun/curiosity and that response was certainly fun 😊

What kind of history does it use? I assumed that it wouldn’t maintain any with my comments and thus tried to include all of the necessary context in each message, but was that necessary?

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yep, it doesn’t maintain any history. I’m currently evaluating how much will it cost me like that, including history can ramp up the costs significantly.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah, that’s fair. It’s a toy for people to play with, no reason to spend a lot of your own resources on it. It’s generous that you spend any, so thank you for this! ❤️