It’s clear that a significant number, perhaps a majority, of users here are older millennials. The references to pop culture like movies or tv shows is always things from the 90s and early 2000s. Like referencing 90s Simpsons episodes or posting about video games for the original playstation or sega saturn or whatever. In fact a lot of the music and gaming posts I see are just callbacks to games from childhood.

I know we’re all leftists here but I would be very wary of slipping into nostalgia. It’s this same sentiment that leads the right wing chuds to say “things were better back in the good old days” and we’re not immune to that sentiment either (though I think we have a better ability to self reflect and resist that urge).

It makes sense now why even the existence of someone like Andrew Tate completely blindsided a ton of ppl here. I’m not saying you should try to “act young” but maybe it’ll help to try/watch/listen to new things once in a while. That way you won’t seem out of touch to the younger generations.

UPDATE: I noticed a comment asking how to start exploring new stuff. I don’t really know where to start, but try checking out this chart (https://i.imgur.com/Z43zfn9.jpg) and notice where you started to lose touch. It’s more of a childhood shows/movies chart but it could be used as a stepping stone to relate to different gens. This could also apply backwards in time as well and you could notice where you stopped being able to connect with older generations as well. If there’s some kind of chart showcasing adult media from different generations please let me know.